章节书 Show Me a Sign - Ann Clare LeZotte 电子书mobi+epub

维他命 发表于 2021-7-16 18:30:53 | 显示全部楼层
Show Me a Sign - Ann Clare LeZotte 电子书mobi+epub

章节书 Show Me a Sign - Ann Clare LeZotte 电子书mobi+epub5918 作者:维他命 帖子ID:262015

Product details
Reading age ‏ : ‎ 8 - 12 years
Lexile measure ‏ : ‎ 730L
Grade level ‏ : ‎ 3 - 7
Publisher ‏ : ‎ Scholastic Press (March 3, 2020)
Language ‏ : ‎ English
Hardcover ‏ : ‎ 288 pages
ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 1338255819
ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-1338255812

Show Me a Sign Hardcover – March 3, 2020
by Ann Clare LeZotte  (Author)
https://www.amazon.com/Show-Sign-Ann-Clare-LeZotte/dp/1338255819

章节书 Show Me a Sign - Ann Clare LeZotte 电子书mobi+epub1247 作者:维他命 帖子ID:262015
Product details
Reading age ‏ : ‎ 8 - 12 years
Lexile measure ‏ : ‎ 730L
Grade level ‏ : ‎ 3 - 7
Publisher ‏ : ‎ Scholastic Press (March 3, 2020)
Language ‏ : ‎ English
Hardcover ‏ : ‎ 288 pages
ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 1338255819
ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-1338255812

Don't miss the companion book, Set Me Free

Winner of the 2021 Schneider Family Book Award ∙NPR Best Books of 2020 ∙Kirkus Reviews Best Books of 2020 ∙School Library Journal Best Books of 2020 ∙New York Public Library Best Books of 2020 ∙Chicago Public Library Best Books of 2020 ∙2020 Jane Addams Children's Book Award Finalist ∙2020 New England Independent Booksellers Award Finalist

* "A must-read." -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review

"More than just a page-turner. Well researched and spare... sensitive... relevant." -- Newbery Medalist, Meg Medina for the New York Times

"A triumph." -- Brian Selznick, creator of Wonderstruck and the Caldecott Award winner, The Invention of Hugo Cabret

* "Will enthrall readers, but her internal journey...profound." -- The Horn Book, starred review

* "Expertly crafted...exceptionally written." -- School Library Journal, starred review

* "Engrossing." -- Publishers Weekly, starred review

"This book blew me away." -- Alex Gino, Stonewall Award-winning author of George

"Spend time in Mary's world. You'll be better for it." -- Erin Entrada Kelly, author of the Newbery Award Winner, Hello, Universe

Deaf author Ann Clare LeZotte weaves a riveting Own Voices story inspired by the true history of a thriving deaf community on Martha's Vineyard in the early 19th century. This piercing exploration of ableism, racism, and colonialism answers the call to dig deep, examine core beliefs, and question what is considered normal.

Mary Lambert has always felt safe and protected on her beloved island of Martha's Vineyard. Her great-great-grandfather was an early English settler and the first deaf islander. Now, over a hundred years later, many people there -- including Mary -- are deaf, and nearly everyone can communicate in sign language. Mary has never felt isolated. She is proud of her lineage.

But recent events have delivered winds of change. Mary's brother died, leaving her family shattered. Tensions over land disputes are mounting between English settlers and the Wampanoag people. And a cunning young scientist has arrived, hoping to discover the origin of the island's prevalent deafness. His maniacal drive to find answers soon renders Mary a "live specimen" in a cruel experiment. Her struggle to save herself is at the core of this penetrating and poignant novel that probes our perceptions of ability and disability.

About the Author
Ann Clare LeZotte is the author of the Schneider Family Book Award-winning novel Show Me a Sign, which was named a best book of the year by NPR, Kirkus Reviews, School Library Journal, the New York Public Library, the Chicago Public Library and American Indians in Children's Literature, and was a finalist for the New England Independent Booksellers Association and the Jane Addams Children’s Book Awards.

A passionate advocate for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, as well as underserved youth from marginalized communities, Ann worked for many years as a youth librarian in Gainesville, Florida. Ann says, "During the pandemic, I've kept in touch with Deaf library youth at home with families who don’t sign. The isolation is real -- there will be a long-lasting gap. It’s getting harder to tell them all their dreams can come true. But continuing Mary Lambert’s story, the darkness and the light, shows them that they’re still counted in." In her free time, Ann enjoys yoga and walking her dog Perkins.

资源下载信息

登录后下载
回复

使用道具 举报

n2ecto9q 发表于 2021-7-16 18:30:53 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢楼主分享资源
回复

使用道具 举报

hobleom 发表于 2021-7-16 18:44:35 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢您的分享!
回复

使用道具 举报